Universities in the Coimbra Group provide short-term visits (usually 1 to 3 months) to young African scholars from Sub-Saharan African higher education institutions. The primary goal of this fellowship program is to enable students to do research at their local university while also assisting them in establishing academic and scientific ties outside Europe.
The scholarships are funded by the Coimbra Group member universities that participate in this initiative, with the Coimbra Group Office in responsibility of application administration.
This scholarship program will be held at the following Coimbra Group universities in 2023:
• Universidad de Barcelona (Spain) • Universidad de Coimbra (Portugal)
• University of Cologne (Germany) • Trinity College Dublin (Ireland) • University of Granada (Spain) • University of Graz (Austria) • University of Groningen (The Netherlands) • Friedrich Schiller University Jena (Germany) (Poland)
• KU Leuven (Belgium) • Padua University (Italy) • Pavia University (Italy) • Poitiers University (France) • Charles University (Czech Republic) • Salamanca University (Spain) • Siena University (Italy) (Finland)
Requirements for Qualifying for the Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Programme.
Candidates must meet ALL of the following requirements at the same time:
• Have been born on or after January 1, 1978. • Be nationals or present residents of a Sub-Saharan African country.
• Be current employees of a SubSaharan African university or equivalent higher education institution.
• Have a doctoral/postdoctoral degree or equivalent.
• Have an acceptance letter/email from the tutor/partner with whom the work program will be carried out in the host institution. This document is required.
• Apply electronically through the Coimbra Group Office.
• Just apply to one university. Repeated applications will not be accepted.
• All information must be submitted in English only.
The application deadline is April 7, 2023, at midnight (Brussels time)
For more information, please visit: